Thursday, April 23, 2009

WOW! What a week!

On Tueday morning around 1:00 am we awoke to our house on fire. An electrical short in the basement. Smoke everywhere! It was aweful, but all 4 of us got out safely as did all 3 pets. Praise be to God!

There is so much to share, but most will have to wait until later. We cannot live in our home and it will probably be at least a month until it will be semi live able. We are staying at my folks and our girls are staying with my sister along with our pets. All will be ok, I just know it. God is working so much out for us. We can see His hand in so many little things right now, it just amazes us. SU has called and has offered to replace my starter kit. (my upline had contacted them) Yeah! I can keep doing my business. My upline called and she is having me place a workshop order on her. Yeah again! You probably can all imagine how devastated I was over my stamp room having so much damage. Nothing burned in there, but major, major smoke damage and we don't know what is salvageable if anything. You should see my stamp cases. They are just black, but good news again. My 3 free sets I'd earned during SAB came yesterday so I have 3 non smokey sets to use. Yeah yet again!

I have my down moments, but then I am touched so much by the kindness of others. I'm the type that likes to be the giver and receiving has never come easy to me, but God is teaching me otherwise right now.

If you need to contact me you can email me at my regular email address..... or post here. Keeping in touch through the computer is helping me to have some normalcy.

Thanks for all your prayers,


Anne Anderson said...

I am thanking God everyday this week that He protected you and your family. Please let me know if I can help out.

lynns said...

Thinking of you and thanking God for his protection.

Kim said...

RENEE!!!! I am sending huge prayers and hugs to all of you! Please let me know if I can do anything for you and yours! Thank God for keeping you save.

Anonymous said...

Just read about your fire. I really feel so bad for you and I DO know what you are going through. I had a house fire in 2000. You know, your insurance company should really put you up somewhere so your family can be together. We lived in a Residence Inn with 2 bedrooms and a kitchenette for 5 months. Our small dogs were able to be with us while the reconstruction and cleaning took place. That's part of your insurance coverage. Anything that smells like smoke is lost. They will try to clean it, but you have the final say of what is acceptable. I do have some duplicate stamp sets, etc and would love to help you. Please feel free to email me at Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Jackie

Patty Bennett said...

Prayers are with you and Frank and your girls... I'm sorry for everything you are going thru. When you are settled enough to stamp, let me know an address I can send some things to.. :) hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Renne, so sorry to hear about the fire but praising the Lord that you are all okay. Hugs to you and your family. I have some duplicate SU items I would love to give you when you are ready.

Jen (fellow SU demo and blog lurker her in MI)

Elaine said...

Glad you are OK! and it sounds like the help from SU and your upline is much appreciated. Hang in there - I'm sure it's tough but things will get better :)


Anonymous said...

To Rene: Hello Rene - Carin has told me about the fire in your house and I am feeling sad for you. I trust that the repairs will come quickly and that you will be back in your house soon. If I was near I would suggest going out for pizza - that always makes us feel better at least it does me. Today is church day and we have a great guest singer and his group there. We heard them last night and they were awesome. When he sang 'Jesus Messiah' the crowd went wild. It was a good night and today will be a good day. I send my prayers your way. - Sharon

Chelle said...

oh Renee, I just saw this now. I'm so glad that you and your family are safe!

Thinking of you..


Related Posts with Thumbnails