Saturday, January 26, 2013

Another SAB card and a Surprise

Saturday.........it's pretty quiet around here today.  The weather has warmed a little, but not nearly the 40º they had predicted for this weekend.  As it is said, weather forcasting is the only job you can be wrong most of the time and still get paid.  Anyway on to more exciting things than the weather.

Here is another card that my friend Amy and I made the other day.  We cased this from fellow demo Wendy Weixler.  You can see her card HERE  Wendy does some really nice work and and actually won the Artisin Award with Stampin'Up! this last year.  We changed up the colors a bit, but everything else was the same.  A very quick and fun window card.

Colors are Summer Starfruit, Baja Breeze and Elegant Eggplant.  Punched the window using the Curly Label Punch and did you notice the little Curly Label Punch?  You can get this punch FREE right now with a $50 order during Sale-a-bration and the words are from the stamp set Pretty Pettites which I showed you in yesterday's card.  That set is also a choice during SAB.  So with a $100 order you could get them both or maybe you'd like the Embossing Folder background that was used on this card.  So much to choose from during SAB.  It's one of the most wonderful times of year.  Don't you think.
 
Now for the surprise............ it's this adorable little necklace that I made yesterday/today.  I say yesterday/today because I started it yesterday and had to let it dry overnight before I could finish it.  Hard for me to wait, but it was worth the wait I think.
 
 
Some of you may be asking what it is made from and I'm here to tell you that this was done with the new Soda Pop Tops that are currently in the Spring catalog.  You get 16 total: 8 each of two sizes.  This is the larger of the two.  The inside dimension is 1" and the 1" punch is perfect for punching the paper circle.  When they come they look like regular pop tops, but after you run them through the Big Shot you get this flat disc.

 
I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but the butterfly is popped up with a dimensional and then it is completely covered with Crystal Effects.  Very shinny and smooth and it looks like the butterfly is floating.  I glued the DSP down using some Monomultil Adhesive.  I punched a hole at the top with a 1/16" hole punch, added a jump ring and then the ball chain.  You could put this on any kind of chain you would like.  I just happened to find this chain at my local Ben Franklin.  Wouldn't these be cute to give as a gift?  You could also make them into keychains.  I stamped the butterfly in Black Stazon because that is a permanent ink, but if you want to stamp in our regular Classic Ink Pads you need to cover you piece with Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder and heat set first before glueing down and adding this Crystal Effects.  This keeps the ink from running and smearing since it is a water based ink and Crystal Effects is water based as well.

Well I hope you enjoyed this little surprise project.  Don't be surprised is you see more of these in the near future.  I'm really glad that I ordered an extra pack of them on my last order.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails