Saturday, January 12, 2013

Something to show and it's not Christmas

Well here I am with something to show and it has nothing to do with Christmas.  I know you are probably shocked.  I have such a hard time moving past the holidays.  I enjoy them so much and love all the fun little things I get to do and make that it's hard for me to move on.  Hence the reason our house is still decorated and our tree is up.  Technically though a lot of my decorations are snowman and the such so it's not really only Christmas.  Yeah that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I wanted to play with some of the new things I had pre-ordered from the Spring Mini Catalog and yesterday I did that, but by the time I got things made and then pics taken and ready to go I ran out of steam since Blogger is still on the fritz so I didn't get them posted last night.  So here I am now.

This is the first part of what I made.  These are just too cute.  You should see them in person.  They are only about an inch around with the scallop circle being just a tad bigger.  After I got them made I was in love.  So tiny and cute.  The color didn't turn out real well because these are actually Primrose Petal and they look more red here.  I used the set Collage Curios to stamp them.  This is a 9 piece set and sells for only $15.95 in clear.  You can find in on page 24 of the Spring Catalog.

Here is the card I made.  Don't you just love the Hexagon Embossing Folder?  I think it fits for just about any style of card.  The DSP is the new Tea for Two.  A very vintage feel.  This card was made to go with this.......

Remember I showed you several days ago the tip jar I made for my daughter?  Well I used another popcorn container and covered it with some of the Tea for Two DSP.  Then added a Soda Pop Tops on page 24 of the catalog.  Yes, they cooridinate with the Collage Curios stamp set.  Cool huh?  I took the Soda Pop Tops (well here in Michigan we would just call them pop bottle tops *Ü*) and I flattened it by running it through the Big Shot.  The sandwich used is no tabs on the multi-purpose platform, a cutting pad, pop top face up and the another cutting pad.  Run it through your Big Shot and presto! You have a flat Soda Pop Top.  Now I didn't want to waste any of that beautiful paper so when I traced and cut my pieces to cover the top of the container I ended up with little wedges of paper which I turned into beads to add to the ends of my linen thread.  I know by now you are saying to yourself she is a genius!  Applause, applause!!!  LOL!  I used the new 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon to cover the seam where the two papers came together.  You will notice I added a little Primrose Petals ink to it because I accidently tumbled the container over and you guessed it, right into the open ink pad so I proceeded to add some here and there on the ribbon.  Gives it that shabby chic look. 
And here is the finished ensamble.  Pretty huh?  No this container is not making it's way to the pizzeria.  It will probably be filled with something and given as a gift.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Renee
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails