Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013 WOW!  Doesn't it seem like just yesterday it was 2000 and everyone was worried about Y2K?  I guess I wasn't very worried because I only bought one gallon of water on New Year's Eve that year.  Not sure how that was going to help me, but hey I didn't want it said that I did nothing to prepare in case something did happen.  LOL!

So a brand new year and lots to look forward to.  I will admit that 2012 was a challenging year for me and my family.  Hoping and praying for a much better year this year.  I don't really make resolutions, but I do make goals for the coming year.  I think in some ways we all do, don't you think?  Well one of my goals I've already achieved this year.  I wanted to learn how to make the gorgeous frilly scarves that I've been seeing everywhere.  Well most of them have been knitted and well let's just say that I'm not really fast at knitting.  That was my goal for last year to learn how to knit and I did learn a little, but what I really learned is that knitting takes longer than crocheting and I still have not finished either of the 2 scarves I started last year.  LOL!  So back to my goal.........on New Year's Eve morning I watched a few YouTube videos on how to make these frilly scarves and after watching both a crocheting one and a knitting one I was convinced I could do either so I headed off to our local HarJo's Ben Franklin to get me some yarn.  I bet you can already guess what means of making a scarf I used. 

Obviously I used crocheting because you are seeing a finished scarf here.  I started this one on New Year's Eve and finished it right at midnight.


This is the one I did the next day.  These are so fun to make and very quick.  I can't wait to make more.

Something else I want to share with you today is the gift that my hubby bought me for Christmas. 
Isn't he the best?  Yes, it's an OttLite.  Something I've been wanted for awhile now.  I think this will especially come in handy when I go to scrapbooking events.  The lighting in some of those places isn't always the best.  Thanks sweetheart for a great thoughtful gift.

Now to a couple stamping projects.  The first is something that I made for my daughter to take to her place of employment.  I know I've shown several of these before, but here is the newest.
I pick up r others pick up for me all the time the plastic popcorn containers you can find in the $ spot at Target and I love to give them a makeover.  I used the recent Christmas paper from the Holiday mini, some retired ribbon and the retired stamp Simple Seasonal Thanks from a couple of years ago.  I think this turned out pretty cute.  It's had to see in the picture, but I used the Red Dazzling Details on all the dots on the scarf and hat.  It's all sparkly!
 
And the last thing to share with you today is a card that I made yesterday.  A prominent business man in our town passed away unexpectedly while on vacation with his family in Mexico.  I guess he was snorkling with his family when he died.  He was 80 years old.  He was a good Christian man and was living life to the fullest.  What a way to go eh?  That's a good way to go, but so hard on the family.  My prayers go out to them.  This is the card I made to send to the family.
These are all current products.  Stamp sets: Blessings from Heaven, Just Believe and Hello, Doily.  Colors are Crumb Cake and Island Indigo and Very Vanilla.
 
So that is it for today.  Tomorrow I will be sharing the cards I made for the person who I was a Secret Santa to in one of the demonstrator groups I belong to, so be sure and stop back tomorrow.
 
Blessings,
Renee
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the scarfs. What site did you find the instructions. I would love to make one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails