Monday, November 24, 2014

Create for Christmas

Well how was your Monday?  The weather here is awful.  We are under a wind advisory until 10 pm tonight and the temps are only in the 30's.  Brrr.........I can't believe winter has arrived so early, but there is nothing we can do about that except take the time to stamp when it's too cold to be out and about.

I thought I'd share some of the projects that we made last week at my Create for Christmas class.  This class is always so well attended and the ladies always have such a good time.  I'll share half of them today and then the other half tomorrow.

I found these gold frames at the Dollar Tree and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  I used the beautiful stamp set Gentle Peace.  We embossed it in gold on Very Vanilla cardstock.  Very simple, but elegant.  To finish it off we added a self adhesive rhinestone to the star on the outside of the glass.

 Here is a little Santa fry box.  We used the Labels Collection framelits for the white at the top.  The Petite Curly Label Punch helps make the Santa belt with a 1/2" circle of black for the middle.  The Russell Stover Carmel Santas were the perfect touch for this project.  If you've never had them may I suggest you get yourself a bag or two or three.  They are yummy!
This is a little wrap that was made using the All is Calm DSP.  Inside are some little chocolate bars.  It measures approximately 2-1/2" wide by 3-1/2" tall.  The belly band made from Silver Foil paper holds the candy bars inside.  I used the scallop tag punch on the end for some detail.  The snowflake is from the Snowflake Card Thinlits dies and is cut out of Silver Glimmer paper.  I added a Vintage Faceted button with a glue dot in the middle.  Glue dots are great for when you are using the glimmer paper.  This idea was inspired by a video I saw on YouTube by fellow demo Dawn Griffith.  Thanks Dawn!

Well that is the projects for today.  In a half hour it will be time for Dancing with the Stars two night finale.  Who would you like see win?  I'm kind of favoring Sadie Robinson, but at this point they are all really good dancers.

Don't forget about the Holiday Extravaganza going on this week.  Items may be limited at those special prices so don't delay.  You can order on my website at www.reneeond.stampinup.net.

As always thanks for stopping by and I appreciate each and everyone of you!
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails