Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Special Happy Birthday

Hey there friends!  It's Sunday and the sun is shinning, although the wind is very chilly and it's only 25º this morning.  Spring seems to be slow in coming, but that's ok because at least with it being a slow warm up we aren't dealing with any water issues in our basement. Yay!

Today I have a card to show you that I sent to my forever friend, Leigh.  Leigh and I met when our kids were in story time at the local library.  I remember another mom telling me that she thought she was kind of snobby and that her husband was an engineer.  So that makes you snobby?  The life in a small town.  LOL!  Well those thoughts of that woman couldn't have been farther from the truth.  Leigh and I clicked and little did we know that that click would lead to a 22 year and still going strong friendship.  Leigh doesn't live here anymore and has moved back to her home town probably 15+ years ago, but our friendship has not changed.  Do we see each other as often as we would like?  No, but that doesn't change things.  Every time we talk, text or see each other we pick up right where we left off like no time has lapsed.  Now to me that is true friendship.  I thank God that he allowed Leigh and I to become friends.  We've been there for each other through it all....the good, the bad, the ugly, no matter the distance.  I feel so blessed to call her my friend.  So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! my dear sweet friend.  Love and miss you so much!  May your day be blessed!

Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails