Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little "Mom" bragging


The Laker Fine Arts Show was on Tuesday night and these were two of Brooke's entries. As you can see her clay piece won honorable mention at the art exhibit at the Heidleburg Gallery in Sebewaing back in March. I think her bowl looks so much better than the ashtray I made back in grade school. Not sure why I made an ashtray since no one in our family smokes. LOL
Yes, the other one is a real keyboard and no you cannot use it now. That seems to be the questions everyone asks. *grin*

I've always called her my "little artist". See children do become what we tell them they are. Wish more parents would think about that when they tell their children things, maybe we'd have more productive citizens. Ok, sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a preaching post. LOL

Mommy and Daddy (yes, she still calls us that even at this age--17) are so proud of you and the fine young lady you are. Great job!

1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

Tell Brooke: FABULOUS job!! Wow! Amazing!! Hey.. and I, too, made an ashtray out of clay in grade school.. I guess smoking was such a part of our way of life (well, our parents generation) that we thought nothing of making an ashtry. I'd be shocked if a child did that now! LOL Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails