Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wow! This is my 800th post!

I was surprised this morning when I realized this will be my 800th post.  I started my blog on Oct 3, 2007.  That's almost 5 years ago.  I've averaged about 3 posts a week.  Not too bad, I guess.  I enjoy doing my blog, it just seems that I'm not very good at managing my time and getting posts up.  I've really been working hard on that as of late, but it seems my health issues have sort of had to take center stage.  Had some tests yesterday and hopefully they will show what is going on and then we can move onto a treatment.  Being sick is so hard on a person like me who wants to be busy and enjoying life, but when you don't feel good it is really hard.  When I don't feel like stamping then I know I'm not in a good place.  Trusting the Lord to see me through this time and onto some better health.

So since this is my 800th post I'll share a few things with you today.  Here is the hostess gift that I told you about yesterday.

This was so fun and quick to make.  I picked up the candle at the Dollar General uptown, took off the label and added the Halloween Washi Tape.  I stamped the Trick or Treat from the Tags 4 You set.  To get the two colors...Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black I used my Stampin'Write markers.  The black piece behind it is a framelit from the Apothacary Accents.  Tied some Pumpkin Pie 1/8" ribbon and it was done.  I hope they will have some of these candles in Christmas colors because I think these will make cute little inexpensive gifts.
 
 
Finally the Big Shot Platform is available again.  Due to it's popularity when the catalog went live, the Platform was sold out.  Stampin'Up! had ordered enough to last 12 weeks and they ended up selling out in 3 weeks.  It is an awesome product and as of today you can once again place an order for it.  You can order from my online store HERE or give me a shout and I can order it for you.  I will be closing an order in the next couple of days so just let me know if you'd like to place an order.  For those of you wanting to know, I've been told this platform will work in the Cuttlebug.  I'm not sure of the sandwich you'd use, but it is small enough to fit.
The Best of 25 Years stamp set has been released as well.  It is called the best of Autumn.
 


You can see all the details HERE.
 

 
I made this card using up some scraps I had on my work space.  The background on this card was made using painters tape.  Tear off a piece of tape, lay it on your ink pad, rub your finger over it, pick up the tape and lay it on your cardstock, rub and lift.  It's fun to see what color combos you can come up with.

 
 
So now that you've made it to the end, I've got a little surprise.  I'm going to give away a little blog candy since this is my 800th post.

To be entered to win this stamp just leave a comment and tell me how long you've been following my blog and also one of the following:
1. Have you ever hosted a party with me?
2. If you'd like to be a hostess and earn free merchandise?
3. How often do you visit my blog?
4. Do you subscribe to my blog?
You only need to answer one, but please feel free to answer more if you so choose.  It won't increase your chances of winning, but it will let me know who I am reaching with my blog.  Thanks so much!  I will draw the winner on September 19th.  Good Luck!
 
Blessings,
Renee

7 comments:

Rebecca Hughey said...

I have been following your blog for over a year. I have hosted a party once and would like to host again.

Wendy Zick said...

Yes
Yes, but not right away
Very often
No, but I keep track of your new posts through FB

Congrats on your 800th post- many you have many more!

Lori Griffore said...

Congratulations on your 800th post.....you are a very talented and creative person.......I love your blog ....stampin hugs, Lori Griffore

WandaG_CT said...

Hope you are feeling better, I know how frustrating it can be to want to do something and just not feeling well enough to do it!!! I have followed your blog for several years. I just live to far away to host a party. Love your cards and your cakes.

joni said...

1. yes
2. right now :)
3. frequently
4. yes

I will be closing my party jiffy quick!!! thanks bunches!!!

lynns said...

Yes, I have had book parties. I read your blog almost every day and try to comment frequently. i enjoy your stories and cards. congrats on 800!!

Lynn

Lori Griffore said...

Never had a party but
ordered though other's parties....enjoy being creative with you........love your blog..

Lori Griffore Congrats on your 800th post!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails