Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter!

I'm typing this late Saturday night.  The breakfast food for church tomorrow is made and ready for the oven in the morning.  Chocolate Eclair Dessert is made and should be perfect by tomorrow afternoon.  The baked beans are mixed up and in the slow cooker crock in the fridge and will just need to be plugged in in the morning.  The pork loin will go in the roaster in the morning as well.  It will just be Frank and I, our girls, mom, daddy and my sister Chele and her fiance Rick.  It will be a good day or at least that is what I'm telling myself.  For some reason I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness over me.  Not really sure why.  I think part of it is I'm really missing some people.  One of those people is my grandma Bessie.  She passed away 23 years ago on the first of April.  She was such a important part of my life and I still miss her so.  The good thing is I have that hope of seeing her again some day.  That is the hope that Easter can give to all those who believe.  Praise God Jesus didn't stay dead and buried.  He AROSE!!!  So in spite of some sadness in missing those who have gone on before us, we can rejoice in knowing we will meet again.

I didn't make any Easter cards to share so I will share some little things I made for some little girls we know and also a card I received in my Stampin' Survivor group.  Yeah, I'm doing that fun group again and so far I'm still in the game and receiving beautiful cards.

 The little owl gift has a lip balm inside.  This is a pattern I made back in 2007 and it was an original of mine.  I'll have to share it sometime soon.  The one with the initials is a little notebook and of course the one in the middle is a bag of Skittles.  Who doesn't like Skittles?

 This adorable card was made by fellow demo Julie Husting.  I will let my heart rejoice like this little bunny is doing this Easter.  In the end I do have so much to rejoice and be thankful for.  I am a child of God and that in itself is enough.

Easter Blessings to you all!
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails