Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just another day in paradise.....not!

Again it's been a couple of days since I've posted and again I apologize. I always feel bad when I don't post. Guess it's that "don't like to let anyone down" problem I have.

On the weekend we had a little mishap here as you can see in the picture below. Frank's wood pile caught on fire. The only thing we can think of is that the wind was really blowing on Saturday and a spark came down on the pile. It was very old, dry wood so it didn't take long. Luckily the wind was blowing the opposite direction of our house and there was no damage to the house, but let me tell you, not so much to my nerves. It was a rather scary situation and even Frank got a little worried.


Our neighbors came and helped fight the fire until the fire trucks got here.


No silly not those neighbors! Bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! Ok, I needed to throw in a little humor here after such a bad week. It was a good thing that Frank hadn't gotten around to putting the winter cover on the swimming pool last fall because that water came in really handy to fight the fire. God works in mysterious ways and for that we are very grateful. It all worked out and there was no damage except some burns to Frank's forehead, but it looks like they will heal ok. Unlike George and Brad he's not real concerned with his looks. LOL We feel very blessed that things weren't any worse and than that.


Now here's the stamping project I have for you today.

Nothing real fancy, but fun none the less. Hope you enjoy it and I promise I will be back tomorrow, unless life throws another curve ball.

Blessings,

Renee

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hot Dang! I'd help take care of the fire if they were there! LOL

Glad it worked out ok, and I am sure you were terrified when it was happening! (I would have been!) You know that God watches over us and especially on that day!

Kim said...

Boy I wish I had a fire crew like yours!!! Be sure to send them my way, in the summer, I'll need some cooling off.

Happy to hear it was just the wood and not the house, and no one got hurt. Your angel was watching out for you.

Carin said...

I need to come visit you more often to check out the new neighbors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails