Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big Shot Makes a Purse


I made this purse several weeks ago and just kept forgetting to take a picture to share with you. I had seen on several websites where they were making purses using the Big Shot and the Scallop Square Big Shot die. Well I had just a few days before actually taken a class in making a chenille scarf, so since my sewing machine hadn't had time to collect dust, I figured why not give it a try. This was actually fun to make. A little time consuming, but fun. I used some material I had on hand and some I had purchased at the local Ben Franklin with this in mind, but not sure how much material I actually needed so I made do with what I had. When it came time to make the handles, well you guessed it. I didn't have enough material and I was on a mission to finish so I started hunting through my stash of ribbon. Yes, even though I lost quite a bit in the fire I have managed to get my ribbon collection going again. It really is an illness I'm thinking. *grin* Even used one of SU's clear buttons for the closure. Well after making this I realized that for me I need the purse to be one layer higher (make sense?) So my next one will be as such. I even hit the BackStreet Quilt Shop and got some beautiful fabric at 50% off. I will hopefully get to making these up late next week.   I've had several people ask me if I would be selling them and yes I will be, but still have to figure out the price.

Hope you're having a great Sunday!
Renee

2 comments:

ruth said...

Very cute Renee!

Pam B. said...

very awesome Renee !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails