Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Good morning and Happy Turkey Day! We will be off soon to our family gathering. Every year is a little different, but always in the same location. The hunting club where my dad, my girls and I work during the summer and fall is the location of our dinner. You ask why it's a little different then? We just never know for sure who will be there. It usually is a collection of in-laws, out-laws and then the ones you are blood related to that you can't help if they show up. LOL I'm joking, well kinda. *grin*
I made a turkey, bread pudding and then Lindsay made a cheeses ball and pumpkin pie-ala-easy so we are good to go on our part. I didn't make rolls this year. I know, gasp! Mom said she'd take care of those so I hope no one is disappointed. About me not bringing them, not mom making them. LOL I'm just too funny today. Am I not? The holidays and family gatherings tend to do that to me. It's always best to keep your humor through things like this. *wink*


Really all kidding aside, I am thankful this day for so many things. A few of them are my hubby, who is the bestest guy you could find, my two wonderful extremely mature for their ages, daughters, my mom & dad, my sisters and even my brother-in-law (he took Carin off our hands didn't he?) ok, ok, I said all kidding aside, but I had to put that one in there. I do love my sisters and am very thankful for them. They are my best buds and I'd be very lonesome without them. I'm also thankful for all my friends I have, including my cyber friends who drop by now and then. I've very thankful for the joy of papercrafting as well. It truly is a blessing and I hope that with it I can be a blessing in return. Most of all I'm thankful for a God who loves me and died for me even though I am so undeserving.

Before I sign off and head out to our family gathering I wanted to share a little something I made this week.




I'm so thrilled with it and it will decorate our home this holiday season and remind me to be MERRY even when I don't feel like it. If you'd like more details please feel free to email me and I'll be glad to share.
Have a wonderful day and blessings to you all,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails