Thursday, November 18, 2010

Glittery Snowflake Tutorial

I've had a request for how I made the glittery snowflakes I used on the little frames I had made for my hostesses and that is what I'm going to share with you today along with a card I made using them as well.
I'm not real good at this stuff, but here goes.

This is my Marina Mist Cardstock and the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.  They are 12 x 12 and you get 12 of them in a package for $14.95. (120805)  This is just a scrap piece I'm showing above.

Now I've taken the strip I cut and attached it to the sticky side of the sheet.  Those two pieces with the wording are what you peal off so you can adhere it.

Now this is the sandwich I made with my strip from above. From the bottom up---
1. White Decorative Strip Spacer Platform
2. Decorative Strip Cutting Pad
3. Northern Frost Decorative Strip
4. Cardstock with the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet attached and laid cardstock side down
5. Decorative Strip Cutting Pad
6. A Shim made from the cardboard that comes in the DSP
Now here is the strip with a couple of the snowflakes peeled off.

Here they are with all the little pieces pushed out of them.  I use my paper piercing tool to push those little buggers out.  It can be a little time consuming if you are doing a lot at one time, but in the end they are so worth it..

Then I put them in my Powder Pal tray.(102197 $19.95 for 2) and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on them (102023 $4.50)
Here they are all covered with their glitter finery.  The great thing is when the glitter is attached it doesn't rub off and really stays put.
Aren't they purrrty?  I would love to show you the finished card, but I guess that will have to wait until later.  Blogger is giving me fits.  It's taken me an hour and a half to get this far and I can't upload the last finished card picture.  Very frustrating to say the least!  Come back later today or tomorrow and I'll do my best to upload it.  Hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and as always you can order any of these products from me, either from me direct or from my Stampin'Up! store.

Blessings,
Renee


Ok I was finally able to get back on here and upload the final picture of the card I made.
Enjoy!




1 comment:

Barbara said...

Renee - THANK YOU so very much for taking the time to create the tutorial! I honestly wasn't sure if the decorative strip would cut through the cs AND the adhesive sheets as well. I'm beyond thrilled to see that it really does work, so THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing your trick! It sure makes adding the glitter to those snowflakes a lot easier - especially since there isn't any additional glue involved, which was how I was trying to do it... Yours are so very pretty, and I'm sure hoping I'll have the same results today when I try your method. You are such a sweetheart for answering my request about "how did you got yours so sparkly?"!! : )

I'm sending you warm Stampin' wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving. Renee, you are a true blessing to all of us my dear. : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails