Friday, June 25, 2010

Missing in Action

You've probably noticed or at least I hope you've noticed (*wink*) that I've been missing for a little while here.  I've had a busy week, but not the fun kind.  My mom has been sick and in the hospital.  I won't go into lots of details, but her potassium got dangerously low and if you know anything about potassium it is very important in how our bodies function.  This along with her herniated disk problem has really had her down.  Well I'm happy to report that Mom finally came home last night and she is doing better.  She could still use lots of prayers though.  If you'd like to drop her a card (hint, hint) it would be wonderful.  I know she would appreciate it and I would too.  Here's her address: Sandra Romain, 9865 Weale Rd., Bay Port, MI  48720.

Now onto what I wanted to share today.  It's not much, but it's what I have for now, but wait until next week.  Next week is looking good as far as my time so I'm hoping to get some stamping done. 

For Father's Day the ladies of our church wanted to do something special for the fathers since they really don't get a banquet like the ladies do.  There are a lot of farmers in our church and taking a Saturday for a banquet really isn't doable and let's face it men probably aren't really into all the little details of a banquet except for the food part.  So we decided that each dad would get a nice loaf of homemade sweet bread.

These are the ones I made.  Banana bread of course!  I love banana bread and in fact I used the same recipe that my wedding cake was made from.  It's a great recipe and so easy.  I love easy!  Maybe I can share that with you in the next few days.

 Here is a sampling of the breads everyone made.  As you can see I had to put the Stampin'Up! touch to them.  I ordered this new sneak peak stamp and knew it would come in handy, but didn't realize how quickly. 

So that's it for today.  Many blessings to you all and thanks for the prayers for my mom.

Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails