Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deck the Halls Star

I had so much fun making this star.  The 5-Point 3D Star Big Shot Die has been on my wish list since it first came out, but I just purchased it recently.  I think that must be because there are always so many things on my wish list. *wink*  So when my die came last week I just knew I needed to make something with it and so I took my Deck the Halls DSP and got to work.  Isn't it just too cute?  And it looks so elegant.  Who wouldn't want to hang one of these on there tree or anywhere in their house for that matter?  I used some more of the Waffle Paper cut out with the Scallop Circle #2 Die and adhered to a Cherry Cobbler Scallop Circle, adhered off center and then ran it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  The fan folded scallop circle was made by punching 2 circles using the XL Scallop Circle Punch.  If you need directions in how to do this let me know.  I added some of the Cherry Cobbler Seam binding for a hanger.  This is called seam binding, but it's really just like a ribbon and actually easier to tie than ribbon I think.  Oh and then I sewed on a Big Designer Button from the new Deck the Halls Buttons.  If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks for stopping in today!
Blessings,
Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails