Thursday, April 28, 2011

Such a Dreary Day

It is such a dreary day here in the Thumb of Michigan.  We have any rain for 4 days straight and things are getting a bit soggy including my stamp room.  Yes, our basement has water and it almost nevers gets as far as my stamp room, but this time it has.  I know things could be much worse and for so many it is.  Complete devastation in the south and many places around our world so I won't complain.  Well not too much anyhow.  *grin*  My hubby is here to help clean so that is a great help and I can now get some business work done.

So to take a break from all the what I call, "not so fun stuff", I've got somethings to share with you.  So let's get going.  This first one is a purse pattern I found on line.  I believe it was on a challenge on SCS.  I just knew I wanted to bling it up a bit so I adde lots of rhinestones. It's hard to tell by the picture, but I made score lines on the diagonal and then added my rhinestones to the center points.  Cut a piece of the soon to be released Beyond the Garden DSP, punched it with the Eyelet Border Punch and than ran it through the Paper Crimper to make it a little more pliable to add to the curved top of the purse.  The flower is stamped and cut out from the soon to be released Fabulous Florets stamp set.  This would make a fun way to give a gift.  Wouldn't a teenager just love this with maybe a gas card included? (ok, maybe it would be cheaper to buy them a fine piece of jewelry).  LOL!  Anyway, you could fill it with lots of goodies.

 This next item is a Altoid mint container.  One of my dear customers (thanks Ellen!) gave me a bunch of these so I decided the other day to get busy and make something with one of them.  I covered it with the Ice Cream Parlor DSP paper from SAB and then the stamped piece is from the new set in the Summer Mini Catalog called On the Grow.  It's a cute little 4 piece set and for only $15.95 in wood mount or $11.95 in clear mount you certainly will want to add this set to your collection.  After stamping and watercoloring on watercolor paper, I added Crystal Effects and let dry.  Yes, that's the hardest part for me.  I left it on my work table and didn't go back to it until the next morning.  It dries to a nice hard, shiney surface.  I attached it to the led with some dimensionals.  This also would make a nice little container for a gift card, jewelry or even some candy.
Hope you've enjoyed these little gift ideas and who knows my next hostess could be receiving one of these.  Would you like it to be you?  Contact me to become a Stampin'Up! hostess.

Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

Pam B said...

these are so beautiful Renee love the colors ....thanks for sharing :)

Barbara said...

Renee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely creations here on your blog with everyone, as I know it does take time and effort to keep up a blog. I also want to thank you for giving me some much needed inspiration as well, which is perfectly timed too!! Right now I'm on a mission to grab my stash of Altoid tins, and finally give them a "Renee lift". I think I'm going to fill mine with many of those little sewing kits I've saved (along with adding a couple additional items)to make some long overdue *Thank You* gifts. YEAH - my tins will be used at last. : )

I really am truly grateful to you for all of the ideas that you share here, but more importantly, for sharing the most wonderful gift of all - your loving spirit. : )

Have a blessed day!
Barbara (EmptyNestMom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails