Thursday, August 22, 2013

Just a quick post tonight

Good Evening!  I know it's late, but I wanted to get a post in yet tonight.  I was busy canning pickled red beets today with my Daddy.  We make them for the hunting lodge were we work.  It's a seasonal job and someone from our family has been working there and managing the place for probably over 50 yrs.  It is a place that holds a lot of memories for me.  I helped my Grandma (the first person to work there) when I was a teenager and then as a young mother and we were getting ready to open the place up for the season when she passed away.  I then worked with my aunt until she retired and now I'm there with my daddy.  My mom worked there, my sisters, my girls, aunts, a cousin....lots of good memories.  Being there is almost like being with my grandma.  Anyway that is what I did today and boy was I tired when I got home.  We canned 23 qts.  Canning gives such a sense of accomplishment.

Well here is the card I wanted to share.

This card is going to a very sick little boy.  This too was made with the My Paper Pumpkin set.  I hope it brings some happiness to his day.

Well night all.
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails