Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful 4U

I woke up today feeling a little wonky.  By that I mean, I woke up with so much on my mind and I wasn't even out of bed.  So many people around me are hurting and I wish I could do something to help, but there really doesn't seem like there is a lot to do to ease the pain for those who are hurting. I guess what I can do is pray for them, love them and be thankful for them being in my life.  So here is a card to show that.

 
This was a card that at first I wasn't sure where I was going with it.  I wanted to use the new Expression Thinlits words and I was in the mood to use the color Pool Party.  I pulled out the cardstock and went to work.  These Thinlits are super cute.  They include the words Thankful, Merry and Love.
 
Expressions Thinlits Dies   
Expressions Thinlits Dies  132171
Price: $24.95
 
You can view a video HERE that will show you how to use them.  He mentions using wax paper to make it release from the die a little easier and that is what I did.  It worked great.  Take a couple of minutes to watch the video.
 
The background was made using the stamp set Truly Grateful (Holiday Catalog).  I stamped it several times to cover the entire piece of cardstock (4" x 5 1/4").  It was really easy using the clear mount stamps and besides I was too lazy to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig. hehe  I don't think you can really tell where it might have overlapped a little because with this design it doesn't really matter (in my opinion).  I used the cute little alphabet stamp set ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers for the 4U.  This is a great little inexpensive set that sells for just $19.95 and it only comes it clear, which makes it really easy for stamping and lining up.  It would be great for not only cards, but scrapbooking too.  I know it will go in my bag the next time I go to a crop.  Oh, and last, but not least, I used the Candy Dots and the 7/16" Natural Trim.  It's actually made from flax and cotton and gives a real earthy feel, which matches the background. 
 
Colors used are Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar and Early Espresso. 
 
Well thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today's post.
 
Blessings,
Renee
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails