Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Open House Night and Class Info


Here is my Open House display. My open house was Monday evening and we had a great time, or at least I think everyone did. Of course "you" didn't if you weren't here. *wink* I will share a few things though for those who couldn't make it.


I made yummy cupcakes--strawberry and chocolate wacky cake. Some of my wacky cake fans sure missed out. I made little cupcake picks using the Ronald McDonald set Say It With Scallops. I thought it made them a little more festive.

Here are the Make and Takes I had available for those who wanted to express their creativity.
This set is Inspired by Nature and was one of the sets I received at convention this year. It's a great set with lots of possibilities.

This little lamb idea came from fellow demo Patty Bennett's web site. Her friend Sharon had sent her a card with a cute little sheep similar to this. I did change mine up a little and used the 5 Petal flower punch for the head and legs. The little googly eyes are a must. I tried using the white gel pen for the eyes and the poor little sheep just looked creepy. I used the Bella Rose DSP and Pretty in Pink cardstock. The thank you is from Flight of the Butterfly, another set we received at convention. And speaking of that, the bookmark below is made using the same set. The butterfly is raised on a dimensional with an additional butterfly stamped and cut out in Kiwi Kiss underneath. This really gives it some dimension.

.
Now here is my fav of the night. I made this Fall Pennant using my Big Shot and Stampin'Up's exclusive dies. I just love how it turned out and guess what? I'm offering a class so that you can make one of these too. I'll list all the details below the picture.

Class Date: Tuesday, September 23

Time: 6:30-8:30 pm

Place: My home on Brown Rd.

Cost: $15.00

What to bring: Sticky strip, Snail adhesive or glue, scissors and your paper cutter

Everything else will be supplied. If you need to order any of these things please let me know by September 12 so that I can have them here for you. Please RSVP by Sept. 12 to let me know that you will be attending because I will not be ordering any extra supplies for those "just in case" or "last minute attendees. I hope you understand. I have done this in the past and it just becomes too expensive for me to do this. If for some reason you cannot attend after you pay and register or if you live too far away to attend, but would still like to make this cute pennant, I will mail you all the supplies with directions available on the web. I will stamp, punch and cut all the pieces for you to assemble at your leisure, but their will be an additional charge of $5.00 to cover postage. Again I stress, please let me know if you are attending by paying your class costs by September 12, this will reserve your spot. Thank you for your understanding in this.
I know it's been kind of a long post this evening, but I really wanted to share all that I'd been saving up. I'll share more up close pics and info on the projects from the display table in the next few days.
Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness you were awfully busy. Great job on all the fun projects, and attendance for your open house. I was there in spirit, feeling all warm and fuzzy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails