Friday, February 4, 2011

5th Day at Home

Yes, I haven't been out of the house since Sunday because of all the snow we've received--14" here in Pigeon.  It's not snowing now, but it is blowing and drifting and our schools are on their 3rd snow day for the week.  That usually doesn't happen real often so we know it's not good out there.  I always like the idea of being snowed in, but then after a day I'm usually done with it.  DH did get out to work yesterday afternoon and said he barely made it down our road this morning.  Just one of the many joys of a Michigan winter.

So what have I been doing with my time?  The girls had wanted their bulletin boards re-done ever since the fire and I've had them in my stamp room waiting for time to get around to doing them and yesterday was the day.  The colors and styles fit both of their personalities.

 Brooke's of course had to be pink and all girly like.  She loves girly things, but inside she's all tomboy.  She could work circles around many men and does.  Don't tell her she can't do something and especially because she's a girl or she'll prove you wrong anytime.  The beautiful polka dot ribbon was actually ribbon that came around a pair of pajamas one of us received for Christmas.  The ric rac was made using the Big Shot Tasteful Trim die.  The top left piece is a piece of SU Chalkboard Vinyl.  The bottom Note piece is made with a metal flashing shingle I purchased at Menard's and covered with the Love Notes DSP paper and is a magnet board.  Do the felt flowers look familiar?  They were from last years mini catalog and I've been saving them just for this project.  It was Brooke's demand, um I mean suggestion that these be used.  Here name spelled out is some chipboard tiles I had (non SU) that I've had in my stash and I attached them to some thumb tacks.
Lindsay's is colorful, but simple, just like her.  Of course I had to use orange, her fav color.  She had purchased this material especially for her board.  I had a roll of this (non SU) ribbon, but didn't have quite enough to go around the board, so I got creative.  Can you tell how?  Yup, in the corner I added a Big Shot Flower Fold die flower and the little ones are the paper flowers from the catalog that come white, but can be colored any color.  I used the Serif Essentials Big Shot dies to spell out NOTES in Green Galore (retired) cardstock.

The girls were happy when they got home last night and I'm happy I have 2 less things in my stamp room.  *grin*

Blessings
Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are being quite productive in the craft dept. That's better then house cleaning! I need to start doing some crafting and not just look at everyone's handy work. Glad you are feeling better.
Bernie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails