Friday, September 12, 2014

Bow Die Pumpkins

Well we made it to Friday.  It's a cool one here again today, but I have to say that my walk this morning was nice.  I warmed up in a hurry and the sun was shinning.  It's now overcast so I'm glad it was sunny for my walk.  The fields are ripening and it's interesting to see the changes each day, although it makes me sad to think that summer is over.  I guess I'm having such a hard time letting go because they are predicting the same kind of winter this year and last year about did me in.  Let's pray they are wrong and we get a much milder winter than last.

Well the pumpkins are ripening too, which made me want to make some paper ones.  I don't know if you remember when I made the snowmen last year using the Gift Bow Bigz die or not, but I decided, why not a pumpkin?  You can look HERE to see the snowmen.  They were a lot of fun to make and I probably will be making some more this year.  I think the pumpkins turned out pretty cute.



What do you think?  I made two sizes using the two different sizes of the bow loops.  I stamped them first using, what else......Gorgeous Grunge and then the leaf came from the Bigz Autumn Accents die.  The little curls were made by cutting thin strips of Mossy Meadow cardstock and them wrapping them around a tiny paint brush handle.  The pumpkins are attached together at the top and bottom using a mini brad.  I used the Paper Piercer to poke the holes and then put the mini brad in to attach.  The curls were attached using glue dots.
 
While I was making them all I could think about was how much my kitty cat Sugar would have loved to see these sitting somewhere.  She would have been batting them all over the place.  It's been almost a year since she passed and I still miss her so much.
 
Well take care and enjoy the weekend.
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails