Saturday, September 20, 2014

Grateful for Scraps

Yes, you read that right!  I am grateful for scraps.  Why you ask?  Well I have to say that I think some of my best cards come from my scrap pile.  I periodically as you know, I make myself use the scrap pile to make cards.  I did a series awhile back on them.  I think it was back in May maybe?  Anyway that is where this card came from today.  The stamped piece was from an attempt at something I had in my mind and when it was stamped it just didn't strike my fancy so in the scrap pile it went.  Today I took it and trimmed it down and it became this card.  The fringe on the bottom came from the piece of Burlap Ribbon that I've been unraveling for projects I've already shown you.  Well I couldn't throw that piece that was left away, now could I?  I pulled it out of the scraps and it became fringe.  Don't ya love it?

I attached the Burlap Ribbon and a piece of Mossy Meadow Ribbon using sticky strip.  The bow was attached using glue dots.  A pretty simple card, but I really like how it turned out and I was able to use the scrap box.

We are off shortly to go and meet my uncle and cousin who are here from California.  They came to go fishing so the trip was short and they will leave tomorrow.  My cousin who has never been to Michigan referred to Lake Michigan as the ocean.  LOL!  Now that's funny!

Have a blessed day!
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails