Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Well it's over. I have to say that although 2015 held many good things, it also held some things that took an adjustment. In fact I'm still adjusting and probably will continue to do so. I started 2015 sick with influenza B and made daily trips to the doctor to keep me out of being admitted into the hospital. It was a long winter in getting back on my feet. In April, Lindsay, our oldest told us she was transferring with her job to a location three hours away. I had my moments of panic, but the first of May she moved to Gaylord, Michigan. It's been a big adjustment for me and sometimes it's a daily struggle. I've always had such good relationships with my girls. They are my world and  I miss them dearly when they're not around.  I've always loved being a mom. I know that I still am, but in a new way.  So Frank and I are officially empty nesters. How did that happen?  Seems like yesterday I was tucking them in bed at night. Speaking of beds. Brooke's room is now the guest room and Lindsay's room is slowly being turned into my sewing room. I haven't done any sewing in thee yet, but I did do all my Christmas wrapping in there on the folding table I purchased for cutting out fabric and my machine and material is in there.

Our big family event was my sister getting married in June. It was a wonderful occasion with family coming from California    That made it extra special. Those days will always hold special memories. We had the pleasure of my cousin Kelly staying with us. It was great to catch up as adults now.  In September we moved Lindsay into her very own first house. She is now a home owner, which makes it all even more real that she's a grown up on her own.  In October and November found me very busy with working at the hunting lodge once again and then the holidays were on top of us. We had a nice Christmas and Frank even gave me that proposal I've always wanted.
This is a necklace pendant slide. It was the proposal I never got 30 years ago. We just got married without that definitive proposal. He had always told me someday I would get one.....30 years to the day of our engagement it happened. It was a special moment. 

New Year's was low key. We stayed at home, watched tv and stayed in where it was warm. Today Brooke and I cleaned my office and did some crafting with Paper Pumpkin. Here is the kit from December. 


This is a 12 month calendar and it came with the cute stand. Due to its popularity even the refills sold out before I could buy extra. That is why it is great to subscribe to PP, so you don't miss out. Crafting today was just what I needed. Frank has been off on vacation this past week so my routine has been off. I look forward to getting back in the creating cave now with the holidays over. Don't forget that you have until the 4th of January to order those last minute items you may need from the holiday catalog and that the Occasions catalog goes live on January 5th, as does Sale-a-bration. 

So may I leave you with a Happy New Year and I look forward to sharing so much with you in the coming days, weeks and months. 



Blessings, 
Renee

PS. I did this post while lying in bed using my new iPad mini 2. Santa was good to me. Hoping this makes it easier to post more often. Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors as this is still new to me. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails