Sunday, January 10, 2016

Time to Chill

Well I think winter has finally hit us.  It rained most of the night and then froze and snowed.  Yes, under the snow we have ice and if you are at all familiar with that scenario, you know that's not good.  For my warm weather friends who go to the mountains to visit the snow for a couple of hours every once in awhile..........well I don't think that's fair. ;) LOL!

Today I have a perfect card for our weather.  I've used a lot of different things to put this card together and you can see them listed below, but I want to point out that I used things that you might not of even thought of to put this card together.  The banner is from the new Large Numbers Framelits.  The greeting is from the Snow Friends stamp set as is the snowman and his accessories are from the Snow Friends Framelits.  These have both carried over and are available from the Holiday catalog.  Yay!!!!  And last, but not least I used the DSP from the Birthday Bouquet in the Occasions catalog.  I know, who would have thought that that lovely Spring like paper could be used with the Snow Friends Bundle?  The hat, scarf and banner are cut out of Calypso Coral and the base of the card is Watermelon Wonder.  The little flecks in the DSP are Pool Party and then Watermelon Wonder and I think the lighter shades of that go well together with the Calypso Coral.  I'm very pleased with how this card came together.  Oh and the glitter you ask?  Well after cutting out the snowman I put a piece of packaging tape over the back with the sticky side facing out.  I then pour Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on it and Voila.  You have a glittery snowman.  I haven't used this technique in years, but it was something I learned probably quite a few years ago.


Blessings and thanks for stopping by!
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails