Monday, January 11, 2016

Rose Wonder Sympathy

Hey there my stamping friends!  I found some time to get to the stamping room today.  It is actually warmer in my basement than it is in our living room.  Those cold northwest winds are doing a number on us today.  It's been in only the teens all day.  Brrrrr.............

Well I have a card for you today using the new Rose Wonder Bundle.  This set has so much potential that it was hard to know where to start.  The stamp set alone is awesome and then you add the thinlits to it and well..........let your creativity run wild.  My first card with this is fairly simple and a slight case of another card I saw.  I couldn't find the exact card again on Facebook so I just went with what I remembered and made it my own.  I stamped the smaller flower in this set and made a mask for it so that as I stamped each color it looked like the flowers were coming from behind the one next to it.  I know the original card had used a green for the leaves and only used one, but then I got the idea to use the Gold Foil paper and make them like the leaves that we had in a Paper Pumpkin kit this past Fall.  I added a tiny Gold Thread bow that I made using my Frankie Boy special bow maker.  I'll have to show you sometime the bow maker he made me.  It's not pretty, but it makes making and tying bows a breeze, even with this fine thread.  I attached the leaves and the bow using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

I think I should probably make up a few of these to have on hand.  Sympathy cards aren't something most of us like to think about, but it would be great to have a few nice ones on hand again as I've used up all that I had.  

As I leave you today I'd like to share a video that I watched last night that really touched me.  It spoke to me like it was made just for me.  It's OK to just be.  You are a human being.  Make time for yourself.  You don't have to constantly be trying to be the best of everything to everybody.  Taking time for yourself shouldn't always be a bad thing.  In my business I hear so often the phrase, "if only I had time".  We really need to make time.  Hope you enjoy this short video.




Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails